Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I was feeling... when I found Gatsby's body

I had just left Gatsby's house. He told me he was going for a swim. I returned to my house and was just relaxing after the long day and night we had all just experienced. It hadn't been long before I heard gunshots. I was confused as to why there were gunshots going off. I lived in a quiet neighborhood in the West Egg of Long Island, New York. It was a safe area and as long as I had lived there I never heard of any crimes or shootings going on. I wasn't sure what had happened so I decided to walk back up to Gatsby's house to see if he knew anything. I wasn't even all the way to the house when I saw blood in the pool and something floating. Gatsby's lifeless body was the most horrifying sight I had ever seen. Shocked, I walked a little a little further when the picture of George's body was visible. I didn't even know who George was at first, but it didn't take long to figure out what had happened. I was devastated to find my friend, Gatsby, dead. The events of that day and the events to follow will forever have an impact on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment