Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What I was Feeling... During Daisy and Gatsby's meeting

When Gatsby approached me about setting up a meeting between himself and my cousin Daisy, I was slightly puzzled but not opposed to arranging the meeting. I didn’t quite understand it at first but as soon as they met everything made sense. I first began to get worried when Gatsby sent people to the house wishing to offer services and bringing flowers and silver. Now I know that it was all in order to impress my cousin and it sure did work. I knew of the previous relationship that daisy and Gatsby shared but I honestly didn’t think much of it. I figured it had all passed after all these years. Besides, Daisy was married, happily it seemed, to Tom. As soon as I witnessed the two of them reuniting again, I knew that it was not all in the past. Gatsby was so nervous going into the meeting that I became worried about his intentions. When Daisy first arrived I was extremely nervous that I had possible made a mistake. Should I have agreed to set up the meeting? How would Daisy react? Did I make a terrible mistake in involving myself in the situation? All of my questions and worries were put to rest as soon as they saw one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment